A few weeks ago, our friends took us to this amazing Indian fusion restaurant! I’m talking salmon/avocado dosa and coconut pancakes with jaggery, just to name a few. The restaurant is Pondicheri with chef Anita Jaisinghani – check it out next time you’re in Houston 🙂
This recipe is a version of her Lamb Keema, posted on her blog here: https://www.india1948.com/blog/keemawithspinach
I made the following edits to this recipe:
1. Subbed butter for ghee
2. Used 12oz ground lamb
3. Used only a sprinkle of black pepper
4. Used cumin/coriander powder in place of ground cumin/coriander
5. Subbed soy yogurt for yogurt
6. I used only 3 cardamom and did not grind it – when I tried this recipe with a whole tsp and grinding it up, the taste was way too overpowering.
7. Subbed broccoli for spinach because that’s what I had on hand – I do think it tastes better with spinach.